When it started getting hot out this summer, I decided to get a new shirt to help me from getting sunburned. While on Facebook, I was contacted by Bassdash who asked me to do an independent review of the Bassdash Fishing long sleeve t-shirt.
I size I got in was a “Large” and it did fit perfect. Being about 190# and 5’7, I was a little worried about it being too tight, but I was glad I got the large. When I got the shirt in, I was amazed at the quality. The main part of the shirt was white with red lettering on the sleeve that says “Bassdash”.
On the back it has the spandex mesh fabric about half way down. It allowed me to stay cool on those hot days on the kayak.
The label showed that it is knitted UV protection 84% Polyester and 16% Spandex fabric. It shows that it has a 50+ UPF protection from the sun rays.
One thing that I have learned is that you have to have dedicated fishing apparel when you are fishing. I personally live in the south, so it gets hot. While a short sleeve t-shirt would work, I would be sweating and burn like crazy. A light material long sleeve shirt that allows me to stay cool is very important. This shirt meets those needs.
One problem that I had with the shirt was getting stains on it. I am hard on my shirts and it does show. The material is very forgiving in the way that you can get the stains out. I did have to wash it twice and let it soak in water to get the “catfish” out of the shirt. But amazingly it did come out. Having a white shirt scares me sometimes.
Below is a video I made where I was wearing the Bassdash T-shirt.
- Made from advanced knitted UV protection 84% Polyester and 16% Spandex fabric
- Long sleeve design and 50+ UPF protection shield you from the suns harsh rays
- The moisture wicking fabric manages the perspiration to assist in keeping you dryer and comfortable on a long day’s fishing
- The breathability enhanced with the Mesh Back / Under Sleeve keeps you cool when active in heat
- The elastic material allows for a full range of movement, perfect for the action out by the shore or on the boat
- Great for casual wear in most places, not just on fishing adventures – it will look great at a BBQ, casual lunch or at your local fishing club presentation; Unisex fashion – looks great on both male and female anglers
In summary, this is a product that I would personally recommend. It is great quality and is sold at a great price. When you are in an area where the sun will beat you down, you need something like. It allows your skin to breath but keeps the sun off you!