Today we are looking at the Stohlquist Edge PFD from Stohlquist Water Ways. This PFD is a low profile vest that has a small “footprint” to help ensure you can move around easily. The PFD is made of a rip stop nylon which seems to be very strong. The quality seems like it would last a long time.
The specifications shows that it has a flotation of 15 pounds and 8 oz. The flotation material is a soft foam that will not impact moving around. The chest size will range from 33″ to 54″, which is a pretty good benefit. The specifications state that it has a “Wrapture” shaped torso, but we arn’t sure exactly what that is.
- “Wrapture” shaped Torso
- Adjustable straps on the Shoulder, four side pulls, and a waist buckle
- Low cut with a zipper entry
- Large arm openings
- Padded shoulder straps that are contoured to fit
- Reflective 3M reflective accents
- Front pockets that have a lot of room
- Mesh sides
- Rip stop nylon with a 200 denier oxford liner
Type III PFD Buoyancy ratings:
- SM/MD – 15 pounds 8 oz Buoyancy Rating
- LG/XL – 16 pounds 8 oz Buoyancy Rating
- XXL – 17 pounds 8 oz Buoyancy Rating
USCG and Transport Canada approved
Stohlquist Edge PFD $74.99
Product Name: Stohlquist Edge PFD
Product Description: The Edge from Stohlquist is an innovative, high mobility, low profile PFD for boating, whitewater, SUP and wet sailing. The Wrapture shaped torso along with an ultra-small footprint ensure a great fit, while the top loading from pocket allows you to carry necessities out on the water. Each size features an ultra-soft buoyancy foam and Graded Sizing to create an even better fit for a wide range of paddlers
A PFD is a very personal choice when you are trying to decide what to purchase. There are a lot of variables you need to think about. Comfort and Safety are the number one factors you should be looking at. The Stohlquist Edge PFD is very comfortable, so you should be able to wear it all day long. Another key factor is that it is reflective, so you will be seen.
No matter what PFD you decide on, please wear it.
- Ripstop Material
- Arm Room
- Size Range
- Women complain of size problems with larger chests